"Sick in Bed" by Pete,
used under CC license
While celebrating National Short Story Month here at What She Might Think, a few major events occurred in between the stories. In case you missed them:
- She was awarded with a literary arts fellowship from Artist Trust.
- Her story "How the Sun Burns Among Hills of Rock and Pebble" was named a finalist in the Kore Press Short Fiction Contest.
- She wrote an elegy for Maurice Sendak.
- Her story "The Nortang Bears" was published in Issue 5 of SAND journal.
- Box of Delights, a horror anthology in which her story "The Lightning Tree" appears, came out in a Kindle edition.
In other news . . .
|Mother & Child|
by Carole Maso
- She realized that Carole Maso has a new novel; it's named Mother and Child; it will be released June 26, 2012 by Counterpoint Press. She was lucky enough to introduce Carole Maso at a 2007 reading at the Katherine Anne Porter house in Kyle, Texas. Please see the Texas State University online literary journal, Front Porch, to watch the Maso reading online.
|fault tree by |
kathryn l. pringle (2012)
- Also, her literary cousin-by-name, poet kathryn l. pringle recently won the 2011 Omnidawn 1st/2nd Book Prize for her manuscript fault tree. The book is forthcoming from Omnidawn this September.